What NOT to include in your government funding proposals!
There are many guides available online that tell you how to write effective reports and proposals. But very few of them tell you what to avoid! So here are a few cautionary tips:
1) Do NOT identify risks that you can't manage or address with some kind of plan.
2) Do NOT use informal language, like contractions, or refer to yourself in the first person
3) Do NOT get off topic or add extra information that doesn't directly build your case.
4) Do NOT use acronyms that you haven't defined.
5) Do NOT forget to link your proposal as directly as possible to the priorities and policies of your potential government funder.
Do you agree with this list of don'ts? What have I missed? Want to learn more? Reach out for a meeting!